Which start-up has the most potential?
The minor Entrepreneurship: only for innovative and entrepreneurial students! Students created an start-up for this minor, in which they carry out all the activities involved in setting up a company. From research and development to purchasing, production, marketing and financial administration. Which start-up has the most potential? We will find out today, during the exciting final.
Eleven weeks of hard work
Over the past eleven weeks, students of the minor Entrepreneurship have worked hard to start their own business. “It is a great minor in which you are challenged to sometimes go outside your comfort zone. I’m excited to have reached the final!” says student Jessica Hendriks. Niels van Dam adds: “Working in a group to create something that ultimately succeeds gives a fantastic feeling. And I’m happy that the final can still take place in this weird corona situation!”
It is clear that the students have worked hard: they present many innovative ideas; from poffertjes (mini pancakes) to sustainable pacifiers:
- Team Bakery's Babes came up with a box full of balanced ingredients, so you can bake your favorite cake or muffins at home. Especially for when you’re having a hard time choosing recipes and to make sure you never buy too much!
- Flixeco: the sustainable variant of the shelf life sticker! After thorough research, team Flixeco discovered that unsustainable and difficult to remove shelf-life stickers are a stumbling point in every kitchen. That is why they designed Flixeco: durable, reliable and sustainable.
- Bambinoe is the perfect replacement for the plastic baby pacifier. This innovative and sustainable product is made entirely of bamboo and rubber. Plastic is a thing of the past with this pacifier; better for the environment and for the baby!
- The Powerpoff Girls came up with vegan poffertjes (mini pancakes), made from soy products and chia seeds. Whether you are vegan or not: these poffertjes are equally delicious for everyone! In any case, we can't wait to try these poffertjes from a festival food truck...
- Event agency Rensive Events turns all special moments in life into a tailor-made event, exceeding all expectations. Student Eveline Renssen has already amply proven this during the organisation of her first event. After this, she was not only an events agency, but also took on the artist management!
The jury is impressed
Jury members Marianne Nelisse (strategic advisor and coach) and Emile Langerak (owner Entrepreneurship Academy) were impressed by the presentations: clever how all the finalists handled this assignment and impressive what they all learned! But only one can be the winner. The winning concept has already proven itself in practice with about 400 items sold. Also, they are very strong in terms of marketing: congratulations Bakery Babes!
Drinks at a distance
Students Célia Piers, Isabel Scholten, Julia Sintenie and Roos van Harten of the winning team (Tio Amsterdam) are very happy with their victory, and will quickly celebrate it during a drink at a distance of 1.5 meters. What will they do with the prize money? "That is not yet certain, perhaps we will invest it in further expanding our company!"