Tio Business School also offers Associate degree programmes. An Associate degree is a 2-year higher education programme, after which you can immediately get started in the work field. The programme offers professional knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply in practice.
Associate degree in 2 years
Within higher education, there are three levels: associate degree, bachelor's degree, and master's degree. With an associate degree programme, you can earn your higher education diploma in 2 years. And if you wish to continue your studies, after completing your associate degree, you can obtain your bachelor's degree in just one or two more years! The associate degree programmes are developed in collaboration with the business sector.
What is the difference between an associate degree and bachelor's degree?
- The associate degree is a 2-year higher education programme. You will obtain 120 credits (ECTS).
- The bachelor's degree is a 3 or 4-year higher education programme. You will obtain 240 credits (ECTS).
- After obtaining your associate degree, you can choose to progress to the bachelor's programme or enter the labor market directly.
Tio Business School offers de following associate degree programmes:
- Commerce Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Hotel and Event Management
- International Touurism Management
- International Business Management
Admission requirements Associate degree
- Havo, vwo (any profile), mbo4-diploma.
- Comparable diploma, e.g.: German Fachhochschulreife or Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), British GCE A-levels, French Baccalaureat, American High School (incl. a college preparatory programme) or secondary business education.
- CEFR: ≥ B2. TOEFL: iBT ≥ 75-80 points (Institutional TOEFL code Tio: 4764). IELTS academic: ≥ 6.0. Cambridge exam: ≥ 160 points / Cambridge First Certificate.
- Are you 21+ years old and do you not meet the admission requirements? Based on a personal interview and an assessement, you may still be admitted to the Ad programme.