Thank you for your interest in one of the bachelor programmes at Tio University of Applied Sciences. You can register easily and digitally for bachelor programme at Tio via the button below.
Students with disabilities (dyslexia, dyscalculia, physical impairments or chronic illnesses, for example) are offered equal opportunities for academic success as much as possible. You can disclose your impairment when you register, or during your initial interview. In collaboration with your study coach, you can discuss which arrangements Tio can provide you.
Start of the bachelor programmes
- The January enrolment starts Monday 8 January 2018.
- The September enrolment starts Monday 27 August 2018.
Prior to the academic year the introductions days, the kick-off day and welcome days take place:
- From 20 until 24 August 2018 the introduction days take place.
- Tio kicks the year off with an inspiring kick-off day, for students starting in January it will take place on 19 December 2017 and for students starting in September on 28 August 2018. Students of all Tio locations attend guest lectures by leading figures from the industry.
- The welcome days are devoted to meeting fellow students, the student city and student society Cognatio. You take a look behind the scenes at companies in the industry and above all have a lot of fun. The welcome days take place between 27 August and 31 August 2018.
After we receive your registration, Tio will send you a written confirmation of your admission (provided that you meet the pre-education requirements and there is no waiting list). If your pre-education does not sufficiently match the course you wish to take, we will schedule an interview and an assessment. The assessment costs € 80. The admissions committee will decide whether you can be admitted into the programme.
Upon registration study course fees become due in full regardless whether attendance of classes has taken place. It is possible to terminate the study agreement. However, termination will not lead to restitution of study course fees except in the circumstances as set out below. After applying for admission you have a cooling off period of 14 days in which you can terminate the agreement. After this period you may be entitled to a partial restitution of the study course fees (the dates between the parentheses are applicable to 1 January enrolment). If you terminate before 1 July (1 Nov.), 100% of the study course fees will be credited, with the exception of the enrolment fee. If you terminate in July (Nov.) 75% of the study course fees will be credited. If you terminate in August (Dec.) 50% of the study course fees will be credited. There will be no restitution for termination after 31 August (31 Dec.). When in doubt, you can submit a request before 1 July (1 Nov.) to the student administration for a conditional registration. The complete general terms and conditions can be found at tio.nl/en/general_terms_and_conditions. Tio requires termination by registered mail making sure the date of termination is secured. This is also possible via the website (tio.nl/en/cancellationform).
Admission for NON-EU/EEA students
The following information is meant for students requiring a student visa to study in the Netherlands.
In order for you to come to the Netherlands and to study at Tio, you need to check whether you need a student visa and/or a residence permit. Always check with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service to see if you require an ‘Authorisation for temporary stay’, also known as an entry visa (MVV).
The visa application is completed by Tio if a MVV and/or residence permit is required. Tio will apply for the MVV and/or residence permit, after the following conditions have been met:
- The student has been accepted by Tio.
- The student has sent all the required and legalised documents (see below).
- The student has paid the package fee to Tio (see below).
- A copy of your passport (readable text and visible face).
- A copy of your residence permit (if applicable).
- A copy of your birth certificate, with an apostil or double legalisation.
- A copy of the original documentation of your Higher Education qualifications.
- A legalised copy of all Higher Education qualifications translated into English.
- A legalised copy of recent mark/grade lists translated into English.
- Two colour passport photographs (according to Dutch rules, taken from the front side of the face, please write your name and date of birth on the back).
- Proof of English language proficiency: TOEFL ≥ 550 points paper based, ≥ 213 points computer based and ≥ 80 points internet based (Tio code: 4764), IELTS academic ≥ 6.0 or Cambridge ESOL:≥ CAE-C.
The application deadline for the academic year starting in January for students needing a visa is the 1st of October 2017 and for enrolment in September it is the 1st of May 2018.
After applying for admission to Tio by sending a signed copy of the application form, Tio will contact you about the admission proceedings.
The student administration can be reached by telephone Monday to Friday from 09h00 to 17h00, +31 (0)30 799 90 00, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Package fee for NON-EU/EEA students
Tio has put together a package fee for students requiring a visa. This amount has to be transferred and received into the Tio bank account before Tio will proceed with the visa application.
Tio expects all its students to have third party liability insurance as well as health insurance. EU/EEA students can study at Tio based on insurance taken out in their home country.