Thank you for your interest in one of the bachelor programmes at Tio University of Applied Sciences. You can register easily and digitally for bachelor programme at Tio via the button below.
Students with disabilities (dyslexia, dyscalculia, physical impairments or chronic illnesses, for example) are offered equal opportunities for academic success as much as possible. You can disclose your impairment when you register, or during your initial interview. In collaboration with your study coach, you can discuss which arrangements Tio can provide you.
Start of the bachelor programmes
- The January enrolment starts Monday 7 January 2019.
- The September enrolment starts Monday 26 August 2019.
Prior to the academic year the introductions days, the kick-off day and welcome days take place:
- From 19 until 23 August 2019 the introduction days take place.
- Tio kicks the year off with an inspiring kick-off day, for students starting in January it will take place on 18 December 2018 and for students starting in September on 27 August 2019. Students of all Tio locations attend guest lectures by leading figures from the industry.
- The welcome days are devoted to meeting fellow students, the student city and student society Cognatio. You take a look behind the scenes at companies in the industry and above all have a lot of fun. The welcome days take place between 26 August and 30 August 2019.
After we receive your registration, Tio will send you a written confirmation of your admission (provided that you meet the pre-education requirements and there is no waiting list). If your pre-education is insufficient for the programme you wish to take, we will schedule an interview and an assessment. The assessment costs €80. The admissions committee will decide whether you can be admitted into the programme.
Once you have registered for a bachelor programme, you will owe Tio the full amount of the tuition fee, even if you have not actually taken any classes yet. It is possible, however, to cancel the agreement. After your application, you have a fourteen-day period for reflection during which you may cancel the agreement free of charge. After that period, you may still cancel the agreement, although you will at least owe the registration fee. Once you have registered for a bachelor programme, Tio incurs costs in order to offer you and your fellow students the high-quality education you expect. In the event of termination the Student will owe a reasonable fee as referred to in Section 411 Book 7 of the Civil Code.
- In the event of cancellation in the period between 1 July 2019 and 31 August 2019 (between 1 November 2018 and 31 December 2018 for the January enrolment) the reasonable fee referred to in subclause 3 will be recorded in principle at 25% of the Study programme fee.
- In the event of termination during the academic year (after 31 August 2019 for September enrolment and after 31 December 2018 for January enrolment) the reasonable fee is in principle calculated as follows:
A. (number of commenced months prior to the termination / 12 months) * Study programme fee
B. 25% of the Study programme fee
Study programme fee is taken to mean: the sum of the tuition fee and the price of the optional courses and seminars. The full terms and conditions and the cancellation form are available at tio.nl/en/cancellation. If you are still uncertain about your study choice, you may submit a request for conditional registration to the student administration department before 1 July (1 November for January enrolment). For more information, please see the general terms and conditions.
Admission for NON-EU/EEA students
The following information is meant for students requiring a student visa to study in the Netherlands.
In order for you to come to the Netherlands and to study at Tio, please check whether you need a student visa and/or a residence permit. Always check with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service to see if you require an ‘Authorisation for temporary stay’, also known as an entry visa (MVV).
The visa application is completed by Tio if a MVV and/or residence permit is required. Tio will apply for the MVV and/or residence permit, after the following conditions have been met:
- The student has been accepted by Tio.
- The student has sent all the required and legalised documents (see below).
- The student has paid the package fee to Tio.
- A copy of your passport (readable text and visible face).
- A copy of your residence permit (if applicable).
- A copy of your birth certificate, with an apostil or double legalisation.
- A copy of the original documentation of your Higher Education qualifications.
- A legalised copy of all previous educational qualifications translated into English.
- A legalised copy of recent mark/grade lists translated into English.
- A colour passport photograph - digitally (according to Dutch rules, taken from the front side of the face).
- Proof of English language proficiency: CEFR: ≥ B2. TOEFL: iBT ≥ 75-80 points (Institutional TOEFL code Tio: 4764). IELTS academic: ≥ 6.0. Cambridge exam: ≥ 160 points / Cambridge First Certificate.Application period
The application deadline for the academic year starting in January for students needing a visa is the 1st of October 2018 and for enrolment in September it is the 1st of May 2019.
After applying for admission to Tio by sending a signed copy of the application form, Tio will contact you about the admission proceedings.
The international office can be reached by telephone Monday to Friday from 09h00 to 17h00, +31 (0)30 799 90 00, or by email: email@example.com.
Package fee for NON-EU/EEA students
Tio has put together a package fee for students requiring a visa. This amount has to be transferred and received into the Tio bank account before Tio will proceed with the visa application.
Housing & insurance
Tio arranges housing and will apply for the required insurance for non-EU/EEA students.