Tio University of Applied Sciences does everything it can to safeguard the quality of its education. Nevertheless, if you have a complaint, Tio would be happy to discuss the matter with you. Naturally, Tio wants to continue its development. Tio therefore views complaints as a constructive tool for the further improvement of its education. This allows us to meet the changing wishes of students, parents and businesses at the highest level. If you have a complaint (including complaints about exams), please take the following steps into account:
- Before submitting a complaint, consult the person to whom your complaint pertains. If you have a complaint about a certain course or lecturer, discuss the matter with the lecturer in question after the lecture. If the complaint is shared by a majority of the group, the student representative is the one who contacts the lecturer after the lecture;
- If the meeting with the lecturer does not lead to a solution or if your complaint does not involve a lecturer, you can take your complaint to the location manager. If the complaint is shared by multiple students, it can be discussed in a group if necessary. If an adult student has a complaint and their parents wish to discuss this issue with a Tio representative, they must have a statement or authorisation from the student in which the student indicates their agreement with the complaint.
- If your complaint cannot be resolved with the help of the lecturer or location manager, you must submit your complaint in writing no later than six weeks after the complaint first arose. Complaints pertaining to exams must be submitted to the Board of Examiners (St. Jacobsstraat 400, 3511 BT Utrecht). Other complaints are to be submitted to the Board of Directors (St. Jacobsstraat 400, 3511 BT Utrecht).
In order for the complaint to be properly handled, it must meet the following conditions:
- The complaint is explained clearly and in full in the letter to the Board of Directors/Board of Examiners;
- The letter states which measures have been taken so far;
- The letter states which persons have been contacted and it explicitly states that the location manager has been contacted as well;
- The letter clearly lists your contact details (address, email address and (mobile) telephone number);
- Copies of any and all prior correspondence are attached.
Please note that if your complaint pertains to a resolution, said resolution will remain in force for the time being, in spite of the submission of your complaint.
Additional information for international students
Non-Dutch (international) students can also consult the Code of Conduct for additional complaint procedures at the National Commission, in case an issue cannot be solved with Tio directly.