The code of conduct is a document created by the Dutch government, educational institutions and related organisations to assure basic general conditions pertaining to the quality of courses offered to non-Dutch students in higher education. By signing, Tio has committed itself to upholding to the Code of Conduct. Below an extract of the most important conditions that Tio has agreed to comply with.
Tio must clearly communicate with the student about:
- the status of the study programme in terms of accreditation;
- the criteria that the quality of the education must comply with and the internal procedures to guarantee this quality;
- the description of the study programme, the certificate to be acquired and the examination regulation (or a comparable regulation) or a summary;
- the admission requirements for the study programme, including procedures for admission and registration and the associated costs;
- the language used for the study programme
- extra charges required by the educational institution from the student within the framework of the above services or the services as referred to in Section 3, 4 and 5 of the code of conduct;
- the code of conduct.
On the website, internationalstudy.nl/en, maintained by DUO, the complete code of conduct can be found.