Welcome to the world of top-class hotels, star restaurants, festivals and sports events. The hospitality sector is looking for you! After completing the Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree, you will be able to create the perfect experience for your guests, even online. You will turn any stay and event into a success.
You can work as e.g. a hotel manager, event manager, food & beverage manager, marketing or communication manager or you can start your own business.
Is this bachelor programme right for you?
Tio’s Hotel and Event Management bachelor programme offers you the best of two worlds: a traditional hotel management degree combined with aspects of event management. Do you recognise yourself in the following description? Are you:
Do you recognise yourself in these descriptions? Take a look at the curriculum for more information about this bachelor programme or attend an open day to experience the atmosphere and meet students and lecturers.
Hotel management or event management?
Is the Hotel and Event Management bachelor a hotel management programme or an event management programme? It is both! Hotel management and event management are a golden combination, which is why Tio has combined both aspects into its Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree: the traditional hotel management degree combined with aspects of event management.
Hotel & Event Management in 2 minutes
Why do students choose Hotel and Event Management?
- Tio offers accelerated studying: bachelor’s degree in just three years and an Associate degree in 2 years.
- The hotel and catering industry has a need for well-trained managers.
- Event management and the hotel industry are closely related. Therefore: hotel management combined with event management.
- You study at the Netherlands’ best hotel management programme (for six years, Higher Education Guide).
- E-commerce is an important aspect of the Hotel and Event Management programme.
- You will have many career opportunities after completing this bachelor's degree.
- At Tio there is a strong focus on personal development and supervision.
This is what students say
Your Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree will open many doors for you. What about being an event manager at Tomorrowland (ID&T) or working as a banqueting manager at the Hotel Sofitel Legend The Grand? Would you like to know more about your potential career paths?
This Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree has been accredited by the NVAO and educates students in three or four years for the professional competence level in Hotel Management (ISAT-code: 34118). This degree allows students to use the internationally recognised title of Bachelor of Arts (BA). Also, you can earn your Associate degree in just 2 years.