Welcome to the world of top hotels, star restaurants, festivals and sports events. The hospitality sector is looking for you! After completing the Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree, you will be able to create the perfect experience for your guests, even online. You will turn any stay and event into a success.
You can work as e.g. a hotel manager, event manager, food & beverage manager, marketing or communication manager or you can start your own business.
Is this bachelor programme right for you?
Tio’s Hotel and Event Management bachelor programme offers you the best of two worlds: a traditional hotel management degree combined with aspects of event management. Do you recognise yourself in the following description? Are you:
Do you recognise yourself in these descriptions? Take a look at the curriculum for more information about this bachelor programme or attend an open day to experience the atmosphere and meet students and lecturers.
Hotel management or event management?
Is the Hotel and Event Management study course a hotel management programme or an event management programme? It is both! Hotel management and event management are a golden combination, which is why Tio has combined both aspects into its Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree: the traditional hotel management degree combined with aspects of event management.
Hotel & Event Management in 2 minutes
Why do students choose Hotel and Event Management?
- Tio offers the option of accelerated studying: complete a bachelor’s degree in just three years.
- The hotel and catering industry has a need for well-trained managers.
- Event management and the hotel industry are closely related. That is why Tio offers the golden combination of a hotel management degree with event management.
- You study at the Netherlands’ best hotel management degree programme (five years running, as elected by the Higher Education Guide).
- The events and hotel sector is in the top ten of sectors with the highest share of online spending in the Netherlands. E-commerce is therefore an important aspect of the Hotel and Event Management programme.
- You will have many career opportunities available to you after completing this bachelor's degree.
- At Tio, you are not a number; there is a strong focus on personal development and supervision.
This is what students say
Your Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree will open many doors for you. What about being an event manager at Tomorrowland (ID&T) or working as a banqueting manager at the Hotel Sofitel Legend The Grand? Would you like to know more about your potential career paths?
This Hotel and Event Management bachelor’s degree has been accredited by the NVAO and educates students in three or four years for the professional competence level in Hotel Management (ISAT-code: 34118). This degree allows students to use the internationally recognised title of Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).