Below, you will find an overview of the admission requirements for the Master of Business Administration programme, with which you can determine whether you can start this master programme.
In order to be admitted to Tio’s Master programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- A bachelor's degree equivalent to the Dutch standard for admission to a master’s programme (this will be checked by our Admissions team).
- In addition, you need an English test, which proves your English proficiency is at (or exceeds) the level of CEFR: ≥ C1. Tio accepts one of the following three qualifications as proof of English proficiency: TOEFL: iBT ≥ 90 points, IELTS academic: ≥ 6.5 overall, Cambridge exam: > 180 points or a Cambridge First Certificate.
Students from the following countries (or students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in these countries) are exempted from the English test requirement: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Knowledge of finance and marketing: This prior knowledge is necessary in order to be able to make a deeper understanding of these fields within the master. After registration, Tio checks whether you have sufficient knowledge. This depends on your previous education. If your knowledge is insufficient, an extra module can be followed at the start of the master programme.
- Work experience 0 – 3 years.
- Resume (CV). A letter of recommendation is an advantage.
- Valid passport (non-EU/EEA) or IC (EU).
Comparable international diplomas
Below you will find an overview per continent / per country what the admission requirements are for this Bachelor's programme.
You can enrol in September in this MBA.
Kick-off academic year
You start your MBA with unique introduction days on 30 and 31 of August. During these introductory days, you will get to know your fellow students better, you will learn more about the structure of the study programme and you will get to work on a challenging case that will be shared by an inspiring guest speaker.
The Master of Business Administration starts in August at all campuses. Demand for our degree programmes is high and space is limited. This results in a waiting list every year. So if you are sure about your choice, go ahead and apply at our MBA experiences or via the website.
How does the application process work?
After you apply, you will receive a confirmation email from us, and we will create a Tio account for you. We will also need additional information from you, such as a copy of your proof of ID, financial details, information about your previous education and your diploma. Once you have completed the application process, we can officially enrol you as a student. Places are allocated in order of registration.
After receiving your official registration, Tio will send you a written confirmation of admission (if there is no waiting list). A higher education bachelor’s degree qualifies you for admission to the Master of Business Administration programme; no work experience is required. You will, however, need knowledge of finance and marketing. After you apply, Tio will look at your previous education to determine whether you have sufficient knowledge. If your knowledge is insufficient, you can take an extra module before the study programme starts. Once your application has been received, you will also receive an invitation to take a personality and ability test.
The one-year MBA programme runs from 1 August 2023 through 31 August 2024. If you are unable to complete all the modules within that term, you can apply for an extended registration for each unfinished module. The cost for each module is €500. If you have (also) not completed your final thesis after 31 August, you can make use of the extended registration for graduation for a fee of €500 per month.