Below, you will find an overview of the admission requirements for the Master of Business Administration programme, with which you can determine whether you can start this master programme.
In order to be admitted to Tio’s Master programme, you need to meet the following requirement:
- A bachelor's degree equivalent to the Dutch standard for admission to a master’s programme (this will be checked by our Admissions team).
- In addition, you need an English test, which proves your English proficiency is at (or exceeds) the level of CEFR: ≥ C1. Tio accepts one of the following three qualifications as proof of English proficiency: TOEFL: iBT ≥ 90 points, IELTS academic: ≥ 6.5 overall, Cambridge exam: > 180 points or a Cambridge First Certificate.
Students from the following countries (or students who have completed their bachelor’s degree in these countries) are exempted from the English test requirement: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand.
- Knowledge of finance and marketing: This prior knowledge is necessary in order to be able to make a deeper understanding of these fields within the master. After registration, Tio checks whether you have sufficient knowledge. This depends on your previous education. If your knowledge is insufficient, an extra module can be followed at the start of the master programme.
- Work experience 0 – 3 years.
- Resume (CV). A letter of recommendation is an advantage.
- Valid passport (non-EU/EEA) or IC (EU).
Comparable international diplomas
Below you will find an overview per continent / per country what the admission requirements are for this Bachelor's programme.
Tio welcomes students from all over the world.
You can enrol two times during the academic year at Tio: in January or in September.
Kick-off academic year
You start your MBA with unique introduction days. During these introductory days, you will get to know your fellow students better, you will learn more about the structure of the study programme and you will get to work on a challenging case that will be shared by an inspiring guest speaker.
Admission and registration process
The Master of Business Administration will be offered at the end of August at all campuses. Tio Amsterdam and Rotterdam also offer a enrolment moment in January. Our degree programmes are generally in high demand. This results in a waiting list every year. So if you are sure about your choice, go ahead and apply at one of our open days or via the website.
How does the registration work?
Did you complete all steps of the registration process? Then you will receive an email confirming your registration. Check to make sure that you have entered all the information correctly.
After your registration, we will ask you for some additional information. For example, a copy of your ID and information about your prior education. We will also ask for a copy of your degree and a list of transcripts or marks. Have you not yet obtained your diploma? Then make sure to send in your list of marks and diploma as soon as you have received it. Places are allocated in order of registration.
After receiving your official registration, Tio will send you a written confirmation of admission (if there is no waiting list). A bachelor’s degree qualifies you for admission to the Master of Business Administration programme; no work experience is required. If needed, you may take an extra module before the study programme starts. After your registration, you will also receive an invitation to take a free personality and skills test.
The one-year Master of Business Administration programme runs from 1 January 2024 to 31 December 2024 or from 1 August 2024 to 31 August 2025. If you are unable to complete all the modules within that term, you can apply for an extended registration for each unfinished module. The cost for each module is €500. If you have (also) not completed your final thesis project by the end date, you will have to pay an extended registration fee of €500 per month to graduate.